Monday, January 16, 2012

Working on the Wall Hanging

Before the holidays I was working on a wall hanging for my creative space.  I posted last about it here.  I put it away for a bit because I needed to finish some gifts that I shared with you a short time ago.  Pulled it back out yesterday and finished the last two blocks.
Finished the embroidery in the center of this block.

Learned to paper piece hexagons.  It was the first time I had paper pieced anything.  The above and below photos shows them with the basting still in them.
The finished appliqued block.
 This evening I sewed the all the blocks together and now I need to cut the boarder strips and decide if I am going to hand quilt or machine quilt it.
Below is a  pretty picture I took outside our back door a couple of days ago.
 Wishing you a joyous week!  Blessings!

1 comment:

Bee Lady said...

Hey loved the Sunday praise btw. You didn't have to post two, just for me, but I did enjoy both of them.

That wall hanging is gorgeous!

Did you get thunderstorms last night? We did...are...it's crazy.

Cindy Bee