Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have a new work in progress.  I wavered on this one because I wanted to finish at least one more project before starting another.  It is a Quilt Along and I have collected fabrics and gotten all the supplies together in the past for other QAL and have not started or not kept up on these in the past so I have decided to start this one and try to catch up and keep caught up.  It is Raspberry Rabbits Harrington and Hannah QAL and if you are interested in joining you can go here, month two has just been posted.
The Raspberry Rabbits shop has kits for your fabrics, wool and threads but I wanted a different color scheme so I started from scratch.

I love tea or coffee dyed fabric so I picked this set of Moda fat quarters of Primitive Muslin by Primitive Gatherings for my background fabric.  I have been collecting some Civil War themed fabrics to make a quilt for our bed so I stole three more fat quarters from that stack because I think I will put this quilt in our bedroom when it is finished.
Last night I cut all the bunnies and back ground fabrics and tonight I cut all the 2 1/2 inch squares.

I have traced the rest of the patterns for both months on the fusible web and I should be ready to start stitching tomorrow.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
I'm off to cut some more applique pieces.  Have a great evening.  Blessings from our home in the woods!

4 comments:

KimT said...

this is going to be very nice. The bunnies are cute!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

I admire anyone who can make the pretty things like you make. I look forward to seeing the finished project. Bunnies are a cute subject to work with, they seem to be loved by all.------ Shannon

mrs. c said...

Can't wait to see your work! I am so impressed with your talents. I hope you get lots done tonight.

Holly said...

I'm excited to see the finished product...looks very cute. I really like the fabric! Did a little stitching today with my friend, but no major projects. It's always nice to sit with a needle and sew, and share thoughts with one another :)