Friday, March 8, 2013

Do You Crochet?

Do you Crochet?  If you do, you might want to join the crochet along that Alexandra Mackenzie is so generously hosting on her Facebook page.
Photo: CROCHET-ALONG
We have set a date, its all go!
Like it, Share it, Tweet it, post it anywhere and everywhere, the more joining in the better.
More details will be added over the next week or so so stay tuned.
https://www.facebook.com/alexandramackenzienz

I am having great fun crocheting along with Alexandra.  This is how my cushion is looking after the first 10 rounds.
I also took a picture of it on top of some black fabric because I think that is what I will use to make the cushion that it will cover.
I am trying to soften up my creative space a bit.  It is mostly hard surfaces except for an old vintage cushy chair. My plan is to put this cushion on this vintage chair I painted pink a couple of years ago. Hubs put a new seat on it for me to cover.
I have not been able to decide on fabric for for the seat so I think this will be a fun fix.  And while I am talking about making fabric decisions.  I have an old floor lamp that I also painted for this area. I have an old lampshade frame that I plan to cover for it.  I  also have not found just the fabric I want to cover it with, so this week while I was pressing an apron that once belonged to my mother I got this idea to tie it around the lampshade frame.

I think it looks cute!  But the thing is, it has wonderful big pockets to collect eggs with and I really wanted to use it for that purpose when the weather finally gets warm enough to wear it outside.  So this fix is temporary and I am still looking for just the right fabric to cover this frame with.  The search goes on!

I am so happy the weekend is here.  I am spending tomorrow hanging with my best friend in the city.  I have a list of supplies to look for that I need to continue on with some projects.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!  Blessings from our home in the woods.

Brenda

Linking with these Friday night parties.  Check out all the great inspiration that you can get by visiting them.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

The crochet is great! I used to crochet too, but haven't for awhile. Thanks for sharing this!

Melody said...

Your fabulous cushion on the vintage chair will look wonderful.