Friday, February 6, 2015

CAL and SAL Time to Get Cracken

Last year I joined the Aurifil 2014 designer blocks Sew Along which I am starting to sew together following their layout.  Here are the monthly blocks set up on my makeshift design wall.
I have started putting the center block together. This quilt is put together on point which is something new to me.  It will be good practice for the future because I am piecing a Farmers Wife quilt and that quilt top is put together on point also.
Center block layout and the next picture shows all the pieces cut and ready to start piecing.
This years Aurifil Designers are sharing monthly mini quilt tutorials.  I am really excited about this because I have always wanted a wall of mini quilts.  Here are the pieces cut and ready to sew.
And if you followed me at all last year you know I also participated in a Crochet Along and had two afghans done and ready to give this past Christmas.  So I have joined in the Moogly 2015 CAL again this year.  Here are blocks 1 & 2. This afghan will be a gift for my Sister and Brother in law.  You can see last years finished afghans here.

And if that was not enough to keep me busy I joined a 20 week CAL at Look At What I Made.  This is the first 3 weeks and it is called Sophie's Universe.  This will be a Christmas gift for my oldest daughter.
Since we are only into the second month of the year you all still have time to join in the fun and stitch and crochet along with me!  I have added links above so you can go check out each of the blogs yourself.

Blessings from our home in the snowy woods!  

Brenda 
and grandson Lucas!


I should be back tomorrow because I am stitching and crocheting along with friends.
Everyone is WelcoMe  Also joining with the Farmgirls!circa 2011 The ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop



3 comments:

Allie said...

Oh my goodness your blocks are just gorgeous - I've never done a block on point, but I am the world's worst piecer, lol. Your crocheting is gorgeous too!!!!

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

Your squares are beautiful! I have been thinking about joining in on the CAL's from both blogs, but I have an issue choosing the colors I want my blanket to be. So many choices!
I would love if you shared this at our Yarn Fanatic Linky Party - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/02/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-23-expression.html.
And don't forget to enter the Yarn Giveaway while you're there!

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I love the purple crochet square - divine colours! Your quilt blocks look lovely. I have had plans to do a Farmer's Wife Quilt for a while too, so would love to see yours!